Raleigh’s Ted Edwards will be serving as a faculty member for the National Business Institute’s “North Carolina Legal Ethics for Every Occasion” seminar. The seminar will be held on December 17 from 8:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. in Asheville, N.C.
Honing your craft and building your professional credibility is a never-ending task. Every new day brings new clients, new professional challenges and, with them, new risks. Rules of attorney conduct are numerous and varied, but the spirit of the words is simple: continuous improvement, honesty, and integrity. This legal course will help attendees move toward this ideal with a clear and concise update on the rules and practical tips for building client relations.
The program will cover the following topics:
• Learn how to identify misconduct and gain valuable tips for addressing it.
• Clarify the rules and get a useful resources guide for staying current.
• Identify routine errors and know what to do to avoid them.
• Protect client confidentiality in e-mail and online.
• Study the many angles of conflicts of interest.
• Spot addictive behavior and signs of substance abuse.