Kent Auberry has over 30 years' experience in general business representation. Mr. Auberry handles a broad spectrum of business needs, from mergers and acquisitions to intellectual property matters. He also assists clients with federal and state securities law compliance and capital formation. He regularly counsels clients on advertising issues, sales, distribution and licensing arrangements, premerger clearance filings and other trade regulation matters.
Mr. Auberry's experience includes representing buyers and sellers in a broad range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and health care. He has been acknowledged by his peers in the legal profession, who have recognized him for the Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Securities section of the directory Best Lawyers in America; Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for Business Law; and selected him for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2006-2013.
Mr. Auberry has represented a number of companies in mergers and acquisitions transactions, including:
- Purchase of specialty chemical division of public company by international chemical conglomerate
- Sale of national building maintenance company in industry roll-up
- Acquisition of community hospital by regional hospital system
- Management buy-out of a number of divisions of leading textile manufacturer
- Sale of national cable television installation contractor in first stage of industry roll-up
- Numerous acquisitions, sales and mergers of textile manufacturing companies and subsidiaries
- Sale of a number of companies in the rubber products industry
- Acquisition of assets of furniture manufacturer by leading company in ready-to-assemble furniture industry
- Acquisition of regional trucking firm
- Sale of regional travel agency
- Merger of leading hospitals in region
- Sale of emergency vehicle manufacturer in industry roll-up
- Numerous acquisitions and sales of medical testing laboratories