Rob Kidwell is a corporate attorney experienced in advising businesses on structuring, negotiating and documenting various complex business agreements including sales and distribution agreements, international business transactions, mergers, acquisitions, lending transactions, entity formation and general corporate and contractual matters. Mr. Kidwell's experience includes:
Sales and Distribution Contracts: Advising clients on all aspects of purchasing and selling raw materials and finished goods, including supply agreements, distribution agreements, independent sales representative agreements and warranty issues.
International Business Transactions: Counseling clients with respect to the risks associated with cross-border transactions, including assisting foreign companies locate and do business in the U.S. and assisting domestic clients on various aspects of foreign ventures, including cross-border sales and purchase issues, financing, joint ventures, export and import compliance, regulatory compliance and international dispute resolution.
Mergers/Acquisitions: Representing business clients across various industry sectors in issues asociated with both acquisition, sale, restructurings, joint ventures and business combination transactions from pre-deal planning through resolution of post-closing issues.
Finance/Lending: Advising both lenders and borrowers on all phases of financing transactions, including acquisition financing, commercial lending, bond financing, loan workouts and debt restructurings.
Entity Formation: Counseling clients on all aspects of entity selection and formation matters, including shareholder agreements, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and joint ventures.
General Corporate: Serving as outside counsel to clients on a daily basis with respect to various legal issues associated with operating a successful business, including employment agreements, consulting agreements, and forms of purchase orders and sales documentation.
J.D., cum laude, Wake Forest University School of Law, 1998
B.B.A., summa cum laude, East Tennessee State University, 1995
- Law Faculty Scholar
- Order of the Coif
- Notes and Comments Editor, Wake Forest Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Corporate Law (2013)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, Listed Business/Corporate (2009, 2013)
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite, Business (2008, 2011, 2012), Corporate (2010, 2011), Young Guns (2011)
- Triad Business Journal's 40 Leaders Under Forty (2005), awarded to the Triad's outstanding young business and community leaders
- Greensboro Bar Association
- Member, Business and Transactional Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Business Law Section, Secretary 2009-present
- International Law Section, Triad Area Grass Roots Committee Co-Chair, 2008-present
- American Bar Association
- Member, Section of Business Law
Civic and Community Service
- Graduate, Leadership Greensboro, 2005
- United Arts Council of Greater Greensboro
- Board Secretary, 2008-present
- Co-Chair, Cultural Partner Grant Investments Committee, 2009
- Chair, Renaissance Corporate Fund Drive, 2007-2009
- Board Member, 2005-present
- Chair, United Arts Fund Drive, 2006
- Chair, Vanguard Corporate Fund Drive, 2005
- Vice-Chair, Vanguard Corporate Fund Drive, 2004
- Member, Prelude Society
- Greensboro Opera Company
- Executive Committee member, 2006-2008
- Board Member, 2005-2009
- The Future Fund of the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro
- Member, Steering Committee, 2005-2008
- Chair, Membership Committee, 2007
- Member, Grantmaking Committee, 2004-2006
- United Way of Greater Greensboro
- Member, Emerging Leaders Advocates Committee, 2005-2006
- Member, Chairman's Society
- Downtown Greensboro Incorporated
- Starlight Gala Planning Committee, 2000-2001
- Leadership MS Class of 2000
- Opportunity Greensboro Class of 1999