Barbara Ruby concentrates her practice in the areas of business representation, taxation, estate planning and administration. She has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions involving both publicly traded and closely held businesses. She also works extensively with ERISA and employee benefit issues. Her estate planning practice includes counseling closely held business owners about methods of transitioning ownership and control.
J.D., with honors, University of North Carolina School of Law, 1976
B.A., Duke University, 1971
North Carolina, 1976
United States Tax Court, 1980
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America® (Woodward/White, Inc.), Tax Law (2005-2013), Corporate Law (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell's top ("AV") Peer Review Rating *
- Selected by Law & Politics Magazine for inclusion in North Carolina Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate, 2007, 2008
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedure's standards and policies.
- "401(k) Plans: New Opportunities and Heightened Challenges" – N.C. Bar Association Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, 2002
- "New Regulations Increase 2001 Flexibility for Cafeteria Plan" – Work Cite – December 15, 2000
- "Fundamentals of the Generation-Skipping Tax" – N.C. Bar Association, 2000