Steven Henry represents businesses and individuals faced with complex legal, regulatory and business issues. He has experience in commercial, products liability, employment, environmental, healthcare, securities, financial services and general business matters, white collar criminal defense, client counseling, governmental and internal corporate investigations, and regulatory compliance.
In addition to representing both plaintiffs and defendants in matters involving individuals, businesses, banks, hospitals and insurers, Steven has experience in matters involving the United States Department of Justice, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Georgia Department of Revenue, and other federal and state agencies. Over the course of his career, Steven has represented a variety of large and small businesses, including banks, energy and manufacturing companies, hospitals, national and regional homebuilding companies, insurers, medical device manufacturers and several large, nationally known retail establishments, as well as individuals.
In addition to his law firm experience, Steven worked as a student prosecutor in the Gwinnett County District Attorney's Office where he was a member of the Indictment Division and Trial Division. Steven also has experience as a financial and management consultant.
J.D., Cum Laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 2001
Master of Science in Management (M.S.M.), Georgia Institute of Technology, 1997
B.B.A., Banking and Finance, University of Georgia, 1995
- Georgia Law Review, Member, Editorial Board, 1999-2000
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, Listed Business Litigation (2011, 2012), Personal Injury Defense: Products (2013)
- Georgia Bar Association, Leadership Academy - Younger Lawyers Division, Class of 2010
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Award of Merit
- Defense Research Institute, Commercial Litigation Section 2009 - present
- Wills for Heroes Sub-Committee, Public Service Committee, Georgia Bar Association - Younger Lawyers Division, 2009 - present
- Georgia Bar Association, Business Law Committee - Younger Lawyers Division, 2007 - 2011
- Georgia Bar Association, Ethics and Professionalism Committee - Younger Lawyers Division, 2004 - 2007
- Younger Law Alumni Committee of the University of Georgia School of Law - Special Committee for Annual Giving, 2002
- University of Georgia School of Law, Orientation on Professionalism, Group Leader, 2009-2011
- Co-author, Constitutional Challenges to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Insurance and Reinsurance Committee Newsletter, March 2011
- Co-author, The Class Action Fairness Act of 2005, Southeast Tech Wire, 2005
- Co-author, Dual Criminal Enforcement of the Clean Water Act: Recent Case Review, presented at the American Bar Association's 17th Annual National Institute on White Collar Crime, 2003
- Co-author, A Trap for the Unwary: Self-Disclosure to the EPA, TRENDS in Litigation, 2003
- Co-author, The Case for Reevaluation of DOJ Policies on Prosecuting White Collar Crime, Washington Legal Foundation, 2002
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- "Products Liability Litigation: How to Reduce Your Company's Exposure," American Composites Manufacturers Association Webinar Series, July 17, 2013
- "Products Liability Litigation – The Scope of Risk to Composite Manufacturers, Distributors, Suppliers and Retailers and How to Reduce Your Company's Exposure to It," Composites 2013, Orlando, FL