Charlotte, N.C. — Twenty-one attorneys from Smith Moore Leatherwood have been selected by their peers as part of Business North Carolina's 2015 Legal Elite. The Legal Elite awards are categorized into 14 legal- and business-related categories and are voted on by attorneys across the state.
Business North Carolina magazine's Legal Elite is compiled annually based upon a poll of North Carolina attorneys. The attorneys selected are considered by their peers to be the best practitioners in their respective fields. Attorneys in each of Smith Moore Leatherwood's four North Carolina offices were recognized as Legal Elite.
Since 2004, five Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys have been elevated into the Hall of Fame after receiving the most votes in their respective categories.
The Smith Moore Leatherwood attorneys honored as North Carolina Legal Elite are:
- C. Bailey King, Jr., Litigation
- Robert R. Marcus, Litigation
- Jonathan Heyl, Antitrust (Hall of Fame)
- D. Erik Albright, Litigation
- Bruce Ashley, Construction
- E. Kent Auberry, Business
- William E. Burton III, Bankruptcy
- Brian W. Byrd, Real Estate
- Richard A. Coughlin, Intellectual Property and Litigation
- Stephen W. Earp, Environmental (Hall of Fame)
- Marilyn Feuchs-Marker, Family
- Lisa F. Garrison, Antitrust
- Kimberly Bullock Gatling, Intellectual Property
- Patrick M. Kane, Young Guns (Best Under 40)
- Robert D. Kidwell, Business
- Alexander L. Maultsby, Employment
- Patti W. Ramseur, Employment
- Larry B. Sitton, Antitrust (Hall of Fame)
- Ramona Cunningham O'Bryant, Environmental (Hall of Fame)
- William R. Forstner, Litigation
- Brett T. Hanna, Real Estate
- Matthew Nis Leerberg, Young Guns (Best Under 40)
- George J. Oliver, Employment (Hall of Fame)
- David G. Martin, Real Estate
- Jill Raspet Peters, Tax and Estate Planning
- Colin J. Tarrant, Young Guns (Best Under 40)
For more information about Business North Carolina's 2015 Legal Elite listings, visit www.businessnc.com/legalelite.
For more information, contact:
Heather Olson (email@example.com)